Sunday, October 19, 2008

They called it ECZEMA

Well as you might have read in previous posts Miss Celeste has had this rash on her face for a good 2 weeks or so. It started when she had a cold and it was a small spot under her chin. It was growing and during our multiple visits for the ear infection and allergic reaction to Amozicillin one of the pedis said it was Impetigo and prescribed the medicine for that. Well after 10 days it had spread to both of her cheeks-yeah! I was trying not to freak out but each morning it seemed to get redder and redder. Finally (should have been sooner) I took her to urgent care and told them its not getting better-actually looks worse. When I saw who the Md was I was relieved. He was the same one that told me that what Rj had awhile back was roseola...in other words I trust this guy. So he let me ramble on and on (like now) about what has led us to this visit. And he said "Its eczema. Try this and this and it should go away in a few days." For some reason when he said eczema it felt like someone stabbed me in my heart. I have it and so does my sister. I should have known. In a way I am glad we now know what it is. So after one day of following his advice Celeste's face looks to be improving-hopefully just in time to get some studio pics for her 1st birthday...ECZEMA...I am not liking that word - of course it could be worse.

Here she is kissing the baby....through out all this in and out of Md offices Celeste has stayed the same sweet-easy going girl she has always been.

1 comment:

Julie said...

AWW! Poor baby! Its ok, she'll get through it. Just make sure she actually applies her medication, unlike her Ninang. :)