Friday, October 31, 2008

Celeste's goes to the doctor


Miss Celeste had her 1 year old baby well check up. You would think that with all the recent trips to the doctor's office and ER , that it would be enough. Follow ups are a big thing...plus she got her vaccinations & 1st part of the flu shot today. OUCH! She got 2 shots on her left arm, 1 on her right, 2 on her right thigh and one on her left thigh. I had to be the one to hold her - crying for dear life in my arms. I had to bite my tongue just to keep my composure. I know its to help protect her. If I could take it for her I would. I used a special trick I have learned-give baby the bottle after the shots not before, so they will be a bit hungry and will take the bottle after all those shots and calm down. Her current stats: weight= 21 lbs, height=28 1/2 inches.
She is a good baby to begin with and quieted down as soon as the bottle went in her mouth. She fell asleep between Kaiser and Del Taco so I was at least able to eat in piece in the car as she slept. Upon arrival to the house I decided to just take out the carseat and let her sleep a bit longer. I carried her in the car seat up the stairs and it felt like my arms would fall apart from the heaviness. After putting them down on the floor I peeked under the blanket only to be greeted by her big beautiful eyes and smile on her lips...what a girl!


Reading a magazine while waiting at the waiting room

Getting her temperature checked
"What is that on my toe?"

"I am ready to eat, Mama!"

Getting her weight

No comments: