Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hair Manicure

First time I heard this word my ears definitely perked up. One of my coworkers came to work looking like she came out of a magazine with the new hair style. Her hair looked smooth just like the ones in the magazines. I did the usual interview...where did you go, what did you get done and how much did it cost. Since my hair was already in need of a trim I was in search of a new hair salon that can cut my hair the way I wanted it. My inspiration was Mrs. Beckham.
Along comes Ziva Hair Salon-they open at 9 am. I went on a Thursday on a whim after dropping off the kiddies. I met Cindy and told her whose hair I wanted to copy (I didn't bring the picture) and she told me Ok. Next thing I know my hair was being washed and I was wisked back into her station. About an hour later I opened my eyes and there the hair was fitted to suit my skull...I was hooked.


Then Cindy mentioned the word "Hair Manicure". I proceeded to interview her and ask questions-what does it do and how long will it take to do. Basically from what I understood its like deep conditioning your hair along with coloring it (if you want) and it leaves your hair as soft as a baby's bottom. It takes the "Fizzies" off. So I came back 3 weeks later...and got it done.
Looks like an alien is brainwashing my brain....
I found the whole process hilarious and wanted to share it...even took a video of the machine in process.



Two hours later and $100 less here is what it looked like...can't tell much but you can just "feel" the difference...feels as soft as Celeste's bottom.
It took me at this age to start doing things like this for myself...its fun.
While waiting I was texting my brother Chester and told him what I was doing. His response was "Did you tell her that your brother is a manicurist?" Its not the same thing.

No comments: