Thursday, November 27, 2008

3 parties, one day & 2 kids in a van

Thanksgiving day: We head out of the house by 10am to...

Party #1: Kimberly's Birthday Party:
She turned 18 today-time does fly. I remember when I first met the Uy kids-they were so young back then. One thing is for sure they are still loving kids. I remember putting clips in Kim's hair.  That was my first realization that if I ever have a girl-I would enjoy putting things in her hair. 
Celeste plays piano with Nanay Cely
Guests line dancing to "So Sexy" led by Auntie Tess

Party #2: At The Martin's Residence:
Here is Ace giving me the look of "If you let me out I will share my bone with you." Such a sweetie. Celeste enjoyed playing around his house. And he didn't get bothered by it. 
Turkey: Fried vs. Baked
Both tasted good to me.
Cousin Michelle poses while taking a piece of the Fried Turkey

Main food: combination of all the great cooks in the family-Yummy!
Gotta love desserts too.
Rj learning to play drums in Guitar Hero with Uncle Andrew
Papa & Rj: We Rock!
Looking so serious!
Celeste with Nanay Juliana
Karaoke: gotta have that too
Rj gets tired from playing drums
Celeste with Ninang Julie
Party #3: Go Chua Residence
Celeste: "I found something!"
Celeste gets ready for Black Friday
Rj, Matthew & Casey play the Wii
Celeste with Nanay Aida
Celeste gets to taste watermelon from Nanay Cely
Notice how she is holding Nanay's hand to make sure it stays put.
Smart!

Towards the end the kids were in the verge of a melt down from just being tired. Rj cried "mama" all the way home from Uncle Joey's to our house. Good thing every place we went to was not more than 15 minutes from each other. One thing is for sure-nothing beats spending time with family. I felt the love today-so much to be thankful for. 
Thank you Lord for the wonderfully loving family & friends you have given us. 
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my family (& friends) that are not so easy to get to. Stay safe.
-Mahalia
* Since I couldn't find my camera's charger I used my camera phone. Hence the reason for the not so crystal clear pictures.*

No comments: