Monday, November 3, 2008

Celeste turns one (part 2)





After months of preparation the day finally came...October 25 Celeste big 1 birthday party. We rented out Awakenings Coffee House in Lomita. Ryan told me about the place awhile back but didn't get to see it until I was focused on preparing for the party. I knew right away it was perfect just as Ryan said it would be. There was a kids room, the main area with a stage and a second floor where other guests can hang out. Food was provided by Philippo's & Lutong Bahay. Tito Dems brought empanada & turon (yummo). The birthday cake was specially made by Kat which not only looked delicious but also tastefully delicious. I had a clown making balloon animals and hats plus some story telling. I think the kids had a great time. The best part was that we gave the option for guests to dress up since its so close Halloween-might as well get into the spirit of the season. Originally it was only the kids but I found out that some of the "older" kids were planning to get dressed too so I went on and got dressed up myself. It was a great idea. I figure when will I have a chance again. I had a great time and I hope that the guests had a great time too. With the excitement I forgot to eat but I didn't even feel hungry until later that night. Thank goodness for left overs...plus I had some more of the birthday cake. Thinking back now, looking at the pictures and video I feel so blessed to have so many people care about my family. I don't get to see my family too much and it always warms my heart how we all come together for the important times-the time when we truly need support & feel the love. I love you guys!

More pictures via Slide.com

No comments: