Monday, November 29, 2010

Post Thanksgiving 2010

After coming down from my high from celebrating and putting together Celeste's 3rd birthday bash, I checked my holiday schedule at work and saw that I was off for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year. I was ecstatic! I've been checking out these blogs with printable decorations that barely cost anything and at times free! I was so excited to have the chance to use them for Thanksgiving Dinner.
As the holiday got closer and I checked my schedule again just to make sure...and sure enough it was changed...I was now scheduled to work Thanksgiving day...yes bummed as I was, I still wasn't about to give up in making at least something fun for the kids.
I went around town in search of the ingredients for the Oreo Turkey that I've been eyeing online. I managed to get everything from one store except the ever most important part of the whole thing...CANDY CORN!!! Its going to be the feather's of the turkey...and no where to be found in my town of Torrance...heck I even ventured out to Rolling Hills and still...NADA! Surrounded by what seemed like all the candies in the world...I wrecked my brain trying to figure out what would be a good replacement. I grabbed what I thought was the second best choice.
I showed sister-in-law Aileen the picture and she was in charge of having the kids make it. I came home early from work and found these little beauties...my niece Belle made them...And Celeste ate 2.
the cutest Oreo Turkeys!!

No comments: