Friday, February 13, 2009

Parents sneak a trip to Disneyland


One Thursday Ryan and I skipped work (well it was my day off) to go to Disneyland without the kids. After dropping off both of them to daycare we headed off to the Happiest place on earth with the plans of riding the rides that we can't when the kids are there. Getting off the tram it felt like we were missing something-like we forgot something...strollers perhaps? It has been at least 5 years since we've been to Disneyland without a kid to bring along. To our great surprise the place was not as packed at the Sunday before when we were there with the kids.  We headed off to California Adventure and I got tricked (hahah) into riding what looked like not so scary of a ride called Mulholland Madness. While in line I saw two elderly couple that had just finished the ride & I thought to myself "They seem ok so I should be fine." The minute I saw that our cart was going up and up I knew it was not the ride I thought it would be. At least I didn't loose my voice. Finally got to see what the hallaballoh about Toystory Mania and it was worth all of the 10 minute wait. I loved it and wanted to ride again only because my score was lower than Ryan's. I let Ryan ride California Screamin' on his own-after the first ride I was done for the day. I did see kids smaller than me enjoying it. Next we headed off to Disneyland to ride Indiana Jones (which seemed like it was doing alot more shaking than before), Pirates of the Caribbean, a solo ride for Ryan in Thunder Mountain & Space Mountain. By the time Ryan got out of Space Mountain it was raining cats, dogs and a couple of hamsters so we decided to call it a day. We still had time to get the kids from Daycare. Since I was a mommy feeling a bit guilty I got Rj the Toystory mania toy gun and Celeste the Princess Potato Head which I later found out was only the accesories to make your Mr. Potato Head into a Princess-I didn't have Mr. Potato Head to begin with. But she is only 1 and enjoys looks at the frog on the hand and puts the lips in her lips.  Both kids enjoyed the surprises and Ryan and I had a great time spending time together -  just us.

2 comments:

Elisha Marie said...

How cute!

Christian said...

my pass expired before toy story mania opened. I was quite dissapointed esp. because my favorite ride of both parks is buzz lightyear.