Friday, December 9, 2011

Starting a new Tradition

During one of our car ride conversations, Russell asked me if I knew about the Elf on the Shelf book. I honeslty had no idea what it was about so he continued to tell me the story in his own words. I was intrigued. Being a sucker for anything traditionally Christmas...we visited the nearest Barnes and Noble the very next day and searched for the book.

It came in a hard covered box and it contained the book and your very own Elf.

After reading the story to the kids, we named our Elf...

Before going to bed we made sure that we took off the stickers that hold the plastic cover in place and untied the twisty ties holding Fredey in place. Russell made a visual check on Fredey where I left him and he asked me if Fredey was on the shelf or off the shelf when I placed the book in the hallway. I told him Fredey was sitting on the shelf. Apparently when Russell checked on Fredey, he was NOT sitting on the shelf...OOOhhhh!

 Morning came and this is what I found in the hallway...an empty box....where did Fredey go.


Kids woke up early and found Fredey here...sitting next to the TV in my room, smiling and watching them....this could get a bit creepy...but the kids love it. Although Celeste keeps asking to hold Fredey and play with him.  And Russell keeps reminding her that kids can't touch him, other wise the Christmas Magic will disappear and Fredey will not be able to go back to Santa to report their activities.

I am a bit curious as to how long this will last and how many creative ways we will find Fredey at.

No comments: