Friday, March 13, 2009

Rj's security pillow cover


I am sure we each had something similar when we were kids- a security something. Mine was a specific pillow and it was more about a specific corner of the pillow that was my security item. I was forced to get rid of it when I was about 10 or so because we were migrating to US and was told I would get a better one-I am still in search.
Now back to Rj. Rj has always had a special place for this one particular pillow cover. Its flowery and made of flannel. It was part of a whole bed sheet set that came with two pillow covers, top and bottom sheet from the internet. Which basically means I can't find it again. When he started going to daycare at the tender age of 17 months he would drag that cover all over the place. He would not sleep anywhere without it. It was so bad that I sacrificed the top sheet to make more smaller versions of the pillow cover for traveling purposes. He too was using the one corner of the pillow to aid in sleeping. He is now 4 years old and one morning decided he was done with the pillow cover & corner. One morning he gave the pillow to me and Ryan and said " I don't need the flower pillow anymore." Ryan and I stood there dumbfounded. We decided to hide it in Celeste's closet in case Rj decides to change his mind. Up to now he has not asked for it since. He is a big boy after all. 

No comments: