Monday, December 29, 2008

The Boiling Crab

To celebrate our Love of 10 years and Marriage of 5 years Ryan and I went to the Boiling Crab. I heard about it first from my coworker Zinna, then I saw a picture posted by my cousin April in Facebook of one of the food items in the menu. I found a mission.
Monday after waking up from doing a 16 hour shift we headed out to Garden Grove in search of the restaurant. We saved out appetite especially for this...and MAN WAS IT WORTH IT! 







They are known for the crabs but since they ran out we settled for 12 Oysters, 1 lb of crayfish, 1 lb of shrimps ala "shabang" with corn and potatoes. They don't have rice but its ok with them if you bring your own. I think this would be a good place to try with our family and friends. Be ready to use your hands. As Ryan said the food is "Toe curling-better than sushi good". 
SO when are we going ? They are open New Year's day - door open at 3pm.

3 comments:

Andrew C. said...

sounds delicious... but how does a crab shack run out of crab? if i recall correctly, your cousins are infamous for their crab buffet antics, so i don't think it would be wise for them to "run out" with you all there :p

Mae Gagajena said...

We were wondering how they ran out but I guess with the holidays and all...I also heard that the sweet potato fries are to die for....another item that they didn't have today. If you guys were going to go better to get there right when the doors open. We got there around 4 and it was just the right time before the crowds got there. When we left there was a line outside the door.

Elisha Marie said...

Let's go! I love sweet potato fries! Reminds me of those yams Grandma used to fry, the ones we'd dip in sugar? No wonder our family's diabetic...